Give a gift to a child at Shooting Star Chase hospice and help add some magic to their Christmas!
Christmas is a magical time for most of us and our biggest concern is what to buy or when to get our turkey. In contrast, the children and families being helped by Shooting Star Chase are dealing with incredibly difficult issues, but you can support them by joining in with this lovely initiative and spreading the word.
Featherstone Leigh are supporting the charity by helping collect and deliver presents.
1. Choose and age group to buy for – please see below for some ideas.
2. Drop your chosen gift at Featherstone Leigh’s Sheen office at 361 Upper Richmond Road West SW14 8QN, ideally by 3pm on Friday the 14th of December.
All presents received will then be delivered to the children’s hospice in time for Christmas and given to a child.
Shooting Star Chase is a leading children’s hospice charity caring for babies, children and young people with life-limiting conditions, and their families. Their bespoke support is free of charge to families and available 365 days a year. Their care service includes short breaks at our two hospices (Shooting Star House in Hampton and Christopher’s in Guildford), Hospice at Home, day care, symptom management, end-of-life care, bereavement care and a comprehensive range of therapies and support groups for the whole family.
The children and families being helped by Shooting Star Chase are dealing with things that are beyond our comprehension, please support us by donating a gift or as many as you can, you can also help by spreading the word within the community.
The charity has provided a suggested gift list grouped by children’s ages. Please kindly leave all gifts unwrapped so we can identify suitable gifts for each baby, child or young person.
under 2 years old
- Musical/movement toys
- Bath toys
- Musical storybook CDs
- Sensory toys or books
3 to 5 years old
- Art & crafts: crayons, colouring books, paints, colouring pencils.
- Cars and trucks
- Lego or Duplo
- Pyjamas and slippers with fun chartaters
6 to 10 years old
- Art Materials; paints, glitter glues, craft kits, etc.
- Disney toys and accessories
- Dressing up costumes
- Duvet Sets or Blankets with popular characters
11 to 14 years old
- Nail polish, beauty sets or hair accessories
- Store card vouchers (GAME, New Look, Waterstones)
- Current CDs/DVDs
- Fun remote control toys
15 to 21 years old
- Toiletries sets, perfume, aftershave
- Current CDs/DVDs
- Store Vouchers (HMV, GAME, New Look, Topshop, Topman, Waterstones)
Perhaps you could buy something that all age groups can enjoy, such as:
- A light pad to give an extra sensory element to the sensory trays used by children in art therapy sessions.
- Adult-sized sensory Body Sox, for fun times and to spark creativity and inspiration.
- Role play items such as dresses and accessories.
- A small hammock for the art therapy room which is perfect for rocking and calming.
- iPads to help children and families capture photos and video special moments which will last forever.
A great website for finding suitable items is this one
Please kindly leave all gifts unwrapped so we can identify suitable gifts for each baby, child or young person.