The deadline to register to vote in the European Parliamentary Election is midnight on 7th May 2019.
The election takes place on Thursday 23 May 2019. There are 751 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs). Of those, 73 represent the United Kingdom.
To be eligible you must be:
- Aged 18 and over on polling day
- A British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of the European Union
- Resident in the United Kingdom
- a UK citizen living abroad who has been registered to vote in the UK in the last 15 years
- not be subject to any legal incapacity to vote
You can register to vote online at www.gov.uk/register-to-vote.
If you are an EU citizen living in the United Kingdom, you can either vote in the UK or your home country. To vote in the UK you must be registered to vote and complete a form stating you wish to vote here rather than in your home country.